Shopping Bag is Empty
L.L.Bean Fishing Pliers With Sheath
Truly a one-of-a-kind tool, these fishing pliers have the performance and technical features typically found on pliers that cost much more. The unique finger hold ensures a reliable grip when handling wet, slippery fish in any kind of weather.
- Overall Length: 7.25".
- Jaw length: 2.25".
- Rugged stainless-steel jaws will flatten barbs, pinch open split rings and remove hooks.
- Handle made from durable anodized aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Replaceable line cutter will cut through all sizes of monofilament.
- Thermo-formed nylon sheath holds pliers safely and keeps the finger hold exposed for quick access.
- Built-in spring allows automatic opening.
- Built-in bottle opener.
- They're ideal for everything from trout fishing on a stream to inshore striped bass angling.
- Sheath attaches to a wading belt.
- Pigtail gear keeper attaches the pliers securely to the sheath.
- Won't rust even if you use it in saltwater.
- Rinse with fresh water after use in saltwater to prevent salt buildup.
L.L.Bean Fishing Pliers With Sheath is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Jayg1 from Average product This product was backordered for several months and I was really excited about it, given the price point and the unique functionalities. However, upon receiving the order I was slightly disappointed. The material doesn't seem as strong as I would like, I agree with the other customer review when pinching barb or something where you need some force you are border line bending the pliers (not sure how long they will last). The nose tip I would have liked slightly longer and the sheath is a pain to get in and out. I ended up throwing the sheath out and leaving it in my pocket. The ring hole is a nice feature and one of the reason I bought these. Overall they are just average given the price.
Date published: 2017-08-23
Rated 2 out of 5 by TekaraFisher from A productive disappointment After waiting for several months for the back order to be done, I was initially pleased with these pliers. Cutters worked on 2 lb line. Jaws touched when squeezed. Finger ring fit and looked cool. That was before I started to try and use them. First, the Split ring is of size and quality that it will separate enough to stay that way once you put them on the pliers. Annoying but still functional though not looking as new or professional. 2nd the stock used for the handles is just thick enough to hold, but thin enough that to pinch babes on a size 12 hook you feel the bend in the handles and not confident it is applying the pressure to what you are gripping. Will the handles break as we start going into Salmon and Steelhead season? Third is the design. The finger grip is what I first was drawn too. It is in the right place, but with the severity of the arc for the handles it makes it useless. When trying to put the plier into and out of the sheath, it is a hinderence. Hand Grip, with the bend in the grips being what they are I found that the pressure is isolated to one section of the hand. The arc put the pressure in one spot of your grip, not spreading it out over the width of your hand. Nice if you are only doing light grabs, but when pinching barbs, cutting wire lines or heavy gripping it hurt and blistered my hands. I expected more from LL Bean.
Date published: 2017-08-07