Shopping Bag is Empty
Heritage Sweater, Irish Fisherman's Cardigan
Inspired by the traditional sweaters worn as a defense against the bone-chilling conditions at sea, our heavyweight cardigan is made in Ireland with premium wool for outstanding warmth.
Size & Fit
- Traditional Fit: Relaxed through the chest, sleeve and waist.
Why We Love It
While imitations are endless, it’s hard to find authentic sweaters like these anywhere else, especially at this price. Competitors use wool-blend yarns, more modern machinery and take other measures that just can’t compensate for the tried-and-true craftsmanship of our heirloom sweaters. Made exclusively for us the old-fashioned way, each sweater is expertly knit in Ireland by family-run businesses who’ve been making them for generations.
Fabric & Care
- Premium 100% wool.
- Handwash, dry flat.
- Heavyweight wool is warm enough for unusual cold, whether braving the sea or a New England winter.
- Time-honored craftsmanship, featuring designs and traditions that go back for generations.
- Irish villagers traditionally knit distinct patterns or cables into the sweaters for good luck.
- Five-button design gives it a more modern twist.
- Handy side pockets.